My final feedback for the printed ephemera project highlighted the fact that all the pages were exactly the same and now looking back at it I have realised after the editorial design project how to create consistency without having the exact same lay out on each page as I had done before. With this in mind I am going to spend time reworking the piece. Changing the layout around would help to improve the pace of the piece as discussed in my feedback.
To start with i have included pull out quotes to make the pages more interesting and give them white space. Using the ‘story’ tool I have aligned the text with text not the quotation mark. I have reduced the size and shape of the images to allow for more room for the text and white space.
After messing around with the layout and the type I think I have made a much better version although it still needs more work as some pages are much more successful but as I can’t reduce the content some pages are still over filled but I didnt give up the two page per artist rule.